How to make my remoting application through firewall???

minehe

9/19/2004 1:35:00 PM

my application using HTTP channel 80 port and BINARY data transfer.

but my application can not through firewall under CAO or SAO, why? and how ?

I dont want to use SOAP transfer because SOAP mode is very slow.
1 Answer

Ken Kolda

The issue of binary vs. SOAP likely has nothing to do with this issue. Have
you checked that you can access your web server thru your firewall outside
of the context of .NET remoting (e.g. telnet to it directly)? If that works,
then the problem is likely a NAT-related issue, in which case you should
check this article by Allen Anderson:

http://www.glacialcomponents.com/ArticleDetail/...

Ken