How to use Surrogate Class in Remoting ?

Lord2702

9/18/2004 4:44:00 AM

Fri. Sep. 17, 2004 9:35 PM PT

I read Jeffrey Richter's article on MSDN, and I want to use the Surrogate
class for Serialization and Deserialization process. However, in the article
it uses formatter as SoapFormatter, and stream as file stream. But, now if I
want to use the same method, in .Net Remoting, How do I use this class?
Because, call to one of my Business Object requires to get this class, and
also I want to pass this class back to the server, that is to the Business
Object. In this case, How to to use the Surrogate class to serialization
process ?

In the article, he is creating a SurrogateSelector class, with its instance,
he is adding the Object for serialization. and then use formatter to use the
surrogate selector instance. I want to know, in Remoting scenario, how one
should use this process, on client side, and on server side.

Thanks.