--------------------------------
From: mridul buragohain

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>nknSE8/mwk+pkMcBYAHUTQ==</Id>
3 Answers

Ken Kolda

I don't have that example app, but the problem almost certainly is that
you're passing an object to the server the definition of which is in the
Client assembly (to which the server doesn't have access).

Any objects that pass between client and server should generally be defined
in a separate assembly and then reference by by the client and server apps.
The only exception to this is if you use interface-based remoting, in which
case the only interfaces used for your MarshalByRefObjects should be in the
shared assembly.

For more info on interface-based remoting, you can cehck out:

http://www.genuinechannels.com/Content.aspx?id=28&...

Ken

"mridul buragohain via .NET 247" <anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> ( regarding the chat application sample using remoting in the microsoft
book for mcsd)
> i also faced that problem. solved that using the automatic
deserialization, described in msdn. but now get another problem. i m getting
the following error message.

> "Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException:
Cannot find the assembly Client, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null."

> is it related to machine.config or application configuration file?
> --------------------------------
> From: mridul buragohain
>
> -----------------------
> Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)
>
> <Id>nknSE8/mwk+pkMcBYAHUTQ==</Id>

msnews.microsoft.com

Hi Ken,

I am having the same kind of exception error:

"Cannot find the assembly WhseObjects, Version=1.0.1722.23604,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null."

It works fine when I have only one assembly (i.e. SysObjects.dll) but when
I have two assemblies (i.e. SysObjects.dll & WhseObjects.dll), which are
reference by client and server apps., the above exception error will appear.

When I check the Stack trace, the lower part of message shows:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData, Int32 type)
at WhseObjects.AehHeaderServiceBase.GetByPageNbr(Int32 intPageNumber,
String strFieldList)
at WhseObjects.AehHeaderBase.GetByPageNbr(Int32 intPageNumber, String
strFieldList)
at WhseObjects.frmSelect.doLoadData(Int32 PageToShow)

The error seems was due to those class in the assembly WhseObjects which has
coded
with "[System.Serializable()]" while the rest process w/o any problem.

I am using only one program to register these two assembly objects:

RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(type, uri,
WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton);

I have tried to use different Application Server Name to regieser but still
could get thru. Is the error due to incorrect registering or should I have
to use
separate program to run the assembly register function for each assembly?

TIA,

gram

"Ken Kolda" <ken.kolda@elliemae-nospamplease.com> wrote in message
> I don't have that example app, but the problem almost certainly is that
> you're passing an object to the server the definition of which is in the
> Client assembly (to which the server doesn't have access).
>
> Any objects that pass between client and server should generally be
defined
> in a separate assembly and then reference by by the client and server
apps.
> The only exception to this is if you use interface-based remoting, in
which
> case the only interfaces used for your MarshalByRefObjects should be in
the
> shared assembly.
>
> For more info on interface-based remoting, you can cehck out:
>
> http://www.genuinechannels.com/Content.aspx?id=28&...
>
> Ken
>

> "mridul buragohain via .NET 247" <anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote in
message
> > Hi,
> >
> > ( regarding the chat application sample using remoting in the microsoft
> book for mcsd)
> > i also faced that problem. solved that using the automatic
> deserialization, described in msdn. but now get another problem. i m
getting
> the following error message.
> >
> > "Unhandled Exception:
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException:
> Cannot find the assembly Client, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=null."
> >
> > is it related to machine.config or application configuration file?
> > From: mridul buragohain

> > Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)
> >
> > <Id>nknSE8/mwk+pkMcBYAHUTQ==</Id>

Ken Kolda

This would seem to indicate that your WhseObjects.dll assembly cannot be
found by the client app. Have you deployed this assembly with the client?

Ken