Re: Remoting Error (Urgent Stuck up

Ken Kolda

9/15/2004 10:12:00 PM

You've declared your object as a <wellknown> object in the server's config
file and as an <activated> object in the client's config file -- these are
not compatible declarations. Given that you're using Activator.GetObject(),
you probably want a well-known object, so you need to fix your client's
config file to use <wellknown> as well.

Also, you need to specify the objectURI for your wellknown object in the
server's config file, e.g.

<wellknown ... objectUri="ClassMasters.ClsCountry"/>

Ken

"http://M43:8228/ClassMasters.ClsCountry")

> But when i refer to any method in it it gives erro as
>
> Run-time exception thrown : System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException -
Requested Service not found

> Server Config.file
>
> <configuration>
> <system.runtime.remoting>
> <application>
> <channels>
> <channel ref="http" port="8228">
> <serverProviders>
> <provider ref="wsdl" />
> <formatter ref="soap" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
> <formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
> </serverProviders>
> <clientProviders>
> <formatter ref="binary" />
> </clientProviders>
> </channel>
> </channels>
> <service>
> <wellknown mode="Singleton"
type="ClassMaster.ClsCountry,ClsCountry"/>