CallContext.GetData - cannot be used in the constructor of the Server object...

José Joye

9/15/2004 8:40:00 AM

I'm playing around with the "CallContext" class to pass around extra
information between my client and Server applications (implemented with
Remoting).
My Server is a SAO-singlecall.

If I try to use the CallContext.GetData() method to retrieved information
from within a method in the Server part, all if fine.
If I try to do it from within the Constructor (which is called each time
prior a method is executed on the Server [singlecall]), the information is
not available ?????

I tried to look at the MSDN documentation about when such a information is
made available. However, I did not find anything...
Can anyone tell me the reason why the "CallContext" information is not
available when the Server Object Constructor is called?

Thanks a lot,
José