How do I know the Client Identity ?

Lord2702

9/15/2004 4:28:00 AM

Tue. Sep. 14, 2004 9:25 PM PT

My MBRO is hosted on Console server application, as SingleCall. I want to
know, that who is accessing the Remoting Object ?

Thanks,

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

This depends on what you mean by "who" -- are you looking for the client's
IP address or do you want some other info like a Windows user ID or some
application-specific identifier?

If it's the IP addr your looking for, I don't know of a way to do this using
the built-in channels (which is not to say it doesn't exist). Almost
certainly you could write some kind of channel sink that could get this
info, but that may be more complicated than you're wanting. If knowing the
client info is important to you, I'd recommend you look at the
GenuineChannels product (www.genuinechannels.com), which provides all this
info to you easily.

Ken