microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Automation and .NET (NEED HELP PLEASE

scorpion53061

11/15/2003 4:11:00 PM

Hello,

This is a post that started in the vb.net newsgroup that I am having
difficulty in getting answers to. It involves using the web browser control
as the replacemnt for the Ole Container that existed in vb6. It is a vb.net
windows app. If anyone and I do mean anyone has answers to this please
help.....I am a little under the gun as the boss indicated we need to have
it exist within the app and I told him that I could do this not remembering
the Ole Container was dead.

I also have Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 installed but I am not sure
if that will help. It needs to work for Office 2000,XP and 2003.

Open Visual studio start a new project, add 3 buttons to form1 and the
(Ax)WebBrowser control.

load the document with teh button1 click event:

AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("C:\test.doc")

(Can this dialog that appears be turned off programmatically(asks if it
should open or save)?)

Make changes to the document by typing.

Have button2 do something like insert text into the document (something
along the lines of what you would do if automating the document.)

Click button3 to save the document and reload with the changes.

Is this possible?

Thank you all for any help you might be able to give....