Clint

11/11/2003 4:22:00 PM

Is it possible to use SSL directly in dotNet?
I don't want to use it in conjunction with https
or any web based stuff. I just want to configure
a secure channel between authenticated PCs
on a network. I have looked for examples
but I can find nothing appropriate.

Help! (please)
Andy

2 Answers

Michael Giagnocavo

An SSL implementation is not available in the current .NET Framework.
You'll need to find a 3rd party implementation and use that.

Thanks,
-mike
MVP

"A J Le Couteur Bisson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use SSL directly in dotNet?
> I don't want to use it in conjunction with https
> or any web based stuff. I just want to configure
> a secure channel between authenticated PCs
> on a network. I have looked for examples
> but I can find nothing appropriate.
>
> Help! (please)
> Andy

Google_Post

"A J Le Couteur Bisson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<bor2a5$336$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net>...
> Is it possible to use SSL directly in dotNet?
> I don't want to use it in conjunction with https
> or any web based stuff. I just want to configure
> a secure channel between authenticated PCs
> on a network. I have looked for examples
> but I can find nothing appropriate.
>
> Help! (please)
> Andy

I would use Apache setup with SSL + proxy to hide the
..net app server behind the real Apache server.

Much secure setup, since Apache give you configuration
options to disable certain host or only allow certain IP
address to talk to the server.

--
SLink generates hyperlinks for all functions, macros, variables from
thousands of src file. Browse hyperlinked source code for .NET CLI,

Download the Slink.zip http://www.slink-so.../download/slink.zip,

Get the free eval license. http://www.slink-so.../W/UserReq_EvalLic_Form