microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Help! about DotNet Remoting.

MineHe

10/24/2003 9:22:00 AM

my application uses DotNet Remoting technology on
communication between client application and server.

it works well on intranet. now, we install the server
application on an internet server. this server is behind
the firewall. and now the client can't communicates with
server. we debug the codes, found the excaption, it shows
the connection is closed. we use TCP/IP channel or HTTP
channel, the result is same. why ? and how ?
4 Answers

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

If u dont get your answer here, try this.

Lloyd Dupont

and which port ?

your port is probably behind the firewall !
2 solution:
- use TCP channel (better perf) and open the port you're using
- a more tricky one, host your remoting channel on IIS (assuming port 80 is
open), and here you go !
to do that, well I don't know, but I know it's possible ...

"MineHe" <minehe@huitu.com.cn> a écrit dans le message de
> my application uses DotNet Remoting technology on
> communication between client application and server.
>
> it works well on intranet. now, we install the server
> application on an internet server. this server is behind
> the firewall. and now the client can't communicates with
> server. we debug the codes, found the excaption, it shows
> the connection is closed. we use TCP/IP channel or HTTP
> channel, the result is same. why ? and how ?

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

did you look here:

http://www.ingorammer.com/RemotingFAQ/CAOS_INTERNET_FIR...

-Dino
--
Dino Chiesa
Microsoft Developer Division

"MineHe" <minehe@huitu.com.cn> wrote in message
> my application uses DotNet Remoting technology on
> communication between client application and server.
>
> it works well on intranet. now, we install the server
> application on an internet server. this server is behind
> the firewall. and now the client can't communicates with
> server. we debug the codes, found the excaption, it shows
> the connection is closed. we use TCP/IP channel or HTTP
> channel, the result is same. why ? and how ?

:))

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:52:23 -0700 (PDT), saint joj
<jupiterean@gmail.com> wrote:

>anyway ma^'y co^ no. cha('c -de^? da`nh cho su+ o^ng nha^'t ha.nh
>
>co`n tui cha^'m co^ na`y ne`:
>
>http://www.nguoiviet.de/modules.php?name=News&op=viewst&...

Wow ! She's looking good !

Nhu*ng ma` co^ na`y thi` la` girlfriend cu?a Dr. Na'ch ro^`i !