Lloyd Dupont

10/16/2003 2:21:00 AM

I have a control where I override OnMouseDown()
I call base.OnMouseDown()
then I do some stuff wich trigger an other event.

but that's not perfect to me, I would like the mouse down to come after, so
I think to put the base.OnMouseDown() at the end of the method, but I have
somwhat the feeling it's not very compliant...

what do you think ?

2 Answers

Michael Giagnocavo

Sure, so long your code isn't depending on the base method to perform
something that it needs, you could call base.OnMouseDown() later on.
-mike
MVP

"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
> I have a control where I override OnMouseDown()
> I call base.OnMouseDown()
> then I do some stuff wich trigger an other event.
>
> but that's not perfect to me, I would like the mouse down to come after,
so
> I think to put the base.OnMouseDown() at the end of the method, but I have
> somwhat the feeling it's not very compliant...
>
> what do you think ?

Lloyd Dupont

thanks michael for your opinion.
anyway it hurts me to call it at the end (I always call the base first,
except in some obvious case) that I found an other way.