microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

ThreadPriority question

Lloyd Dupont

10/15/2003 5:15:00 PM

I'm writting some custom remoting code, and the server method get called in
a seprate thread.
However this server is also a user GUI application probably running while
the user is using its PC.

to let the user the more power all these server method are called in a
Thread with a ThreadPriority.BelowNormal priority.
I played just a bit with priority a while ago and I had the feeling that low
priority nearly never get executed in fact, so I'm a bit worried here, what
do you think ?

2 Answers

Lloyd Dupont

oh, good ;-)

"AlexS" <salexru2000NO@SPAMsympaticoPLEASE.ca> a écrit dans le message de
> Don't worry - eventually it will be executed. You might have delay issues
> only when your other threads are doing 100% cpu at the same time.
>
> HTH
> Alex
>
> "Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
> > I'm writting some custom remoting code, and the server method get called
> in
> > a seprate thread.
> > However this server is also a user GUI application probably running
while
> > the user is using its PC.
> >
> > to let the user the more power all these server method are called in a
> > Thread with a ThreadPriority.BelowNormal priority.
> > I played just a bit with priority a while ago and I had the feeling that
> low
> > priority nearly never get executed in fact, so I'm a bit worried here,
> what
> > do you think ?

AlexS