microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to set the version number?

Yash

I want my application to have a version number C.01.00.
When I build the application, the .NET SDK generates a
number made up of <major number>.<minor
number>.<build>.<revision>. I don't have control over
these numbers. How do I set these numbers to what I want?

Also, I am unaware of how and when the SDK increments the
major and minor numbers. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Yash
1 Answer

(Mattias Sjögren)

Yash,

>the .NET SDK generates a
>number made up of <major number>.<minor
>number>.<build>.<revision>. I don't have control over
>these numbers. How do I set these numbers to what I want?

You use the AssemblyVersionAttribute to set the version.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.n...