microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

C# DLL Error - Server 2003

swlodarc

10/14/2003 1:22:00 PM

I have a C# DLL that targets the 1.1 Framework. This dll is called by
unmanged code (ASP, windows apps, etc...). When the dll is on almost
any OS it works fine, except when it is on Server 2003.
It seems to run locally, but not for anyone connecting to the server.

The error I receive is:

error '80131418'
Execution permission cannot be acquired.

While running through a debugging utility it looks like a
SecurityException is thrown in class
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission

This dll was originally created with 1.0 then modified to target 1.1.
It has been in production over a year and a half with no
complications.

Has anybody seen this error before? Not much about how to resolve on
the Internet, actually I couldn't find anything that helped on softy's
site. Can anybody let me know what may be the cause of the error
stated above.

Thanks.

*Uninstalling MDAC security or IE sp1 updates does not always solve
the problem.