microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Localization support on window98 for hindi(india) language

kuldeep

9/25/2003 6:24:00 AM

Hi all,
I have developed a application that supports localization in .net.
It shows all the controls with english and hindi text depending on the
culture selected.
The application runs well on windows 2000 and windows xp but when run on
windows 98 the hindi text appears as garbage. Can anyone help out
with this.(I have installed the .net framework on windows 98)

Regards,
Kuldeep Pawar
Programmer,
Maximize Learning, Pune.

1 Answer

Jim Sather \(CLR\)

IIRC Windows 98 does not support ANSI. (I assume you need ANSI support for
Hindi text display). So it may not be realistic for this to work.

thanks,
Jim Sather (CLR)