microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Unable to create New Project

Pawan

I am unable to create New project in VS.Net which I installed last
night. During set up, in 4th cd, there was an error saying that, "Could not
register 'C......\VsWizard.dll". I continued with the set up. And after that
I open VS.Net IDE to create C# Windows Application. And it does not open. It
jus reports "The Operation could not be completed." error message box and
nothing opens. I am stuck :( and I am unable to do anything ,,... Any idea
why is this happening ...

Pawan

4 Answers

TJoker .NET [MVP]

Sometimes the wizards don't get proeprly installed. It seems like you'll
have to Repair the installation. I had this problem before, it sucks. Takes
almost the same time to install or repair VS.NET.

--
TJoker, MCSD.NET
MVP: Paint, Notepad, Solitaire

"Pawan" <pawan_atl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am unable to create New project in VS.Net which I installed last
> night. During set up, in 4th cd, there was an error saying that, "Could
not
> register 'C......\VsWizard.dll". I continued with the set up. And after
that
> I open VS.Net IDE to create C# Windows Application. And it does not open.
It
> jus reports "The Operation could not be completed." error message box and
> nothing opens. I am stuck :( and I am unable to do anything ,,... Any idea
> why is this happening ...
>
> Pawan

Fergus Cooney

Thanks TJoker,

The MVP spoofing went down a treat! We had great fun with it. :-D

Regards,
Fergus

Pawan

I tried to reinstall and again that same error occured with VsWizard.dll
saying that it could not register Type Lib VsWizard.dll and New Project
doesnt owrk ...

Pawan.

"TJoker .NET [MVP]" <nospam@nonono.no> wrote in message
> Sometimes the wizards don't get proeprly installed. It seems like you'll
> have to Repair the installation. I had this problem before, it sucks.
Takes
> almost the same time to install or repair VS.NET.
>
> --
> TJoker, MCSD.NET
> MVP: Paint, Notepad, Solitaire

> "Pawan" <pawan_atl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am unable to create New project in VS.Net which I installed last
> > night. During set up, in 4th cd, there was an error saying that, "Could
> not
> > register 'C......\VsWizard.dll". I continued with the set up. And after
> that
> > I open VS.Net IDE to create C# Windows Application. And it does not
open.
> It
> > jus reports "The Operation could not be completed." error message box
and
> > nothing opens. I am stuck :( and I am unable to do anything ,,... Any
idea
> > why is this happening ...
> >
> > Pawan

TJoker .NET [MVP]

ooops.. This is weird. That dll is important. I wonder what is causing the
installation error. Hopefully somebody from the VS.NET team can help you
here.