ASP.Net Ajax Application on Win Mobile 6

Captsx1

I am new to the Windows mobile platform, and I am developing a ASP.NET web
application to run on our Windows Mobile devices. The application is using
the Ajax functionality to update specific UpdatePanels upon certain triggers.
While this works and looks well if browsed using IE6 or IE7, when viewed on a
mobile device (Windows Mobile 6.1 Emulator currently) The Ajax functionality
appears to not work, and the complete page posts back. Additionally, the
pages look aweful. While the page uses a stylesheet, it looks like the Mobile
6.1 browser does not do styles well. My <asp:Button>'s while given a set
width, just come out as long as the name of the button. Am I doing anything
wrong? Are there settings I can change to make it look better.

Thanks.