microsoft.public.excel.programming

fourty different spreadsheets with the same macros

daniroy

12/20/2006 1:19:00 PM

I have setup a model spreadsheet with a number of source datas sheets
and a number of results sheets.
I go from the source datas sheets to the results sheets through a
number of macros.

I need to setup 40 different spredsheets all on the same model, on
different industries, thus using 40 different sources datas sheets but
always respecting the same model, and on thus I can which the same
macros.

I obviously can do 40 copy and paste, and change the datas sources,
what I have done.

I thus have the same code on all the 40 spreadsheet, but what if:
.. I change the code on my first spreadsheet to setup a new results
sheet? I will have to ammend the code on the 40 and so other
spreadsheets. Not very convenient to say the least, especially as the
40 could be 120 in the future.
I have vaguely heard about .xla. Is that the solution?
Can anybody help? It would be deeply appreciated as it is the limit of
my abilities on VB...
Kind regards and merry Xmas to everybody
Daniel