microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel saving as textfile quotes issue

christophe.leroquais

i'm having an issue trying to save an excel file containing cells with
multiple values separated by commas.

for example, i have in a cell of the excel file:

myField1,myField2

I want to save it in a text file format and i'm not happy because the
resulting txt file is:

"myField1,myField2"

I do not want these "" in the text file. Is there a way to cope with
that?

Thank yiu

1 Answer

Bob Flanagan

It sounds like you are saving it as a CSV file. Doing that way makes it
comma delimited. As a cell entry contains a comma, the double quotes
prevent it from being treated as two separate values. Try saving it as a
TXT or a PRN file.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive