comp.lang.python

Re: Programmatically discovering encoding types supported by codecs module

python

3/24/2010 5:59:00 PM

Gabriel,

> After looking at how things are done in codecs.c and encodings/__init__.py I think you should enumerate all modules in the encodings package that define a getregentry function. Aliases come from encodings.aliases.aliases.

Thanks for looking into this for me. Benjamin Kaplan made a similar
observation. My reply to him included the snippet of code we're using to
generate the actual list of encodings that our software will support
(thanks to Python's codecs and encodings modules).

Your help is always appreciated :)

Regards,
Malcolm