comp.lang.c

how to access excel in c?

freenews.netfront.net

8/31/2011 7:06:00 AM

thanks!

jacob navia

Le 31/08/11 09:05, freenews.netfront.net a écrit :
> thanks!

Use COM. There is a published interface.

gazelle

In article <j3koup$4il$1@speranza.aioe.org>,
jacob navia <jacob@jspamsink.org> wrote:
>Le 31/08/11 09:05, freenews.netfront.net a écrit :
>> thanks!
>>

>> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
>news@netfront.net ---
>
>Use COM. There is a published interface.

Wait a second. I think you misunderstood the OP. See, Excel is an EXE, not
a COM.

--
> No, I haven't, that's why I'm asking questions. If you won't help me,
> why don't you just go find your lost manhood elsewhere.

CLC in a nutshell.

jacob navia

Le 31/08/11 14:44, Kenny McCormack a écrit :
> In article<j3koup$4il$1@speranza.aioe.org>,
> jacob navia<jacob@jspamsink.org> wrote:
>> Le 31/08/11 09:05, freenews.netfront.net a écrit :
>>> thanks!
>>>

>>> --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
>> news@netfront.net ---
>>
>> Use COM. There is a published interface.
>>

> Wait a second. I think you misunderstood the OP. See, Excel is an EXE, not
> a COM.

Common Object Model (COM). Published interface for excel is several
years old. You create an object with the object factory, then use
the interfaces after obtaining them with iUnknown.

All this is doable in C, and I had the source code for it that
worked with Excel (That is a small EXE and a BIG DLL)

Kenneth Brody

On 8/31/2011 3:05 AM, freenews.netfront.net wrote:
> thanks!

You're welcome.

Oh, wait... I see a vague reference to a question in the subject: "how to
access excel in c?"

Well, the only way to do it in C is:

system("start excel");

and hope for the best.

Now, if you could explain what, exactly, you mean by "access excel" (well,
at least it wasn't "access access"), then someone over in one of the
Microsoft groups could probably help.

--
Kenneth Brody

freenews.netfront.net

For example, how to read some fields from excel file?

"Kenneth Brody" <kenbrody@spamcop.net>
??????:U-CdnX9xmcod9cPTnZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@bestweb.net...
> On 8/31/2011 3:05 AM, freenews.netfront.net wrote:
>> thanks!
>
> You're welcome.
>
> Oh, wait... I see a vague reference to a question in the subject: "how to
> access excel in c?"
>
> Well, the only way to do it in C is:
>
> system("start excel");
>
> and hope for the best.
>
> Now, if you could explain what, exactly, you mean by "access excel" (well,
> at least it wasn't "access access"), then someone over in one of the
> Microsoft groups could probably help.
>
> --
> Kenneth Brody

jacob navia

Le 01/09/11 02:56, Li Chunpu a écrit :
> For example, how to read some fields from excel file?

1) Use COM to acquire an interface
2) Using that interface load the file into excel
3) Using that interface get the fields you want

Ian Collins

On 09/ 1/11 08:15 PM, jacob navia wrote:
> Le 01/09/11 02:56, Li Chunpu a écrit :
>> For example, how to read some fields from excel file?
>>
> 1) Use COM to acquire an interface
> 2) Using that interface load the file into excel
> 3) Using that interface get the fields you want

Or store the file in a non-propitiatory format and read it by standard
means.

--
Ian Collins

J. J. Farrell

Ian Collins wrote:
> On 09/ 1/11 08:15 PM, jacob navia wrote:
>> Le 01/09/11 02:56, Li Chunpu a écrit :
>>> For example, how to read some fields from excel file?
>>>
>> 1) Use COM to acquire an interface
>> 2) Using that interface load the file into excel
>> 3) Using that interface get the fields you want
>
> Or store the file in a non-propitiatory format and read it by standard
> means.

Is that a format somewhere between grumpy and hostile? One that makes
you curse Microsoft every time you have to parse it?

I love spell checkers, they can be remarkably inventive.

Ian Collins

On 09/ 2/11 11:49 AM, J. J. Farrell wrote:
> Ian Collins wrote:
>>>>
>>> 1) Use COM to acquire an interface
>>> 2) Using that interface load the file into excel
>>> 3) Using that interface get the fields you want
>>
>> Or store the file in a non-propitiatory format and read it by standard
>> means.
>
> Is that a format somewhere between grumpy and hostile? One that makes
> you curse Microsoft every time you have to parse it?
>
> I love spell checkers, they can be remarkably inventive.

oops...

--
Ian Collins