comp.lang.c

Re: in the garden

Spanky

8/17/2011 9:18:00 PM

On 17/08/2011 4:15 PM, Spanky wrote:
> On 10/08/2011 10:05 PM, Timothy Sutter wrote:
>> Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,
>> Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.
>> When the pie was opened the birds began to sing,
>> Oh wasn't that a dainty dish to set before the king?
>> The king was in his counting house counting out his money,
>> The queen was in the parlour eating bread and honey
>> The maid was in the garden hanging out the clothes,
>> When down came a blackbird and pecked off her nose!
>
> I like eating.

Eating computer languages. I eat them a lot. I eat a lot. Because
alot is not a word, otherwise isnot could be a word. It probably is in
some computer languages though. Maybe comp.lang.c will know. Posted
there. Or not.
7 Answers

Timothy Sutter

Spanky wrote:
> I like eating.

> Eating computer languages. I eat them a lot. I eat a lot. Because
> alot is not a word, otherwise isnot could be a word. It probably is in
> some computer languages though.

words don't have to be written

but, you probably wouldn't say that "yard"

is a different word depending on regional accent

but, if you never rote it down, you may think so.

computers are like really really literal children.

you have to give them explicit instructions with

esssentially a one to one correspondence between

character set and elicitted response.

if you tell a machine that sometimes "blue"

means the color of a duck's neck or a jays tail

and sometimes, means a type of 'mood'

_it_ may tend relay a message back to you,

that a blue jay is always sad.

"isnot" can be interpretted by a machine to 'mean' +STOP+

if you instruct it that it means +STOP+ always

and, you instruct it, in what manner it must always react

when +STOP+ is placed in its path of interpretation.

like, you can't -just- tell 'it' that "isnot" means STOP

you also have to 'tell' 'it' what to do when it comes across STOP

cuz, 'it' could 'see' STOP, and keep right on going...

"ain't that right, Uh Huh?"

"uh huh"

Keith Thompson

[75 lines deleted]

Can you do us all a big favor and drop the comp.lang.c cross-post?

Thanks.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.ne...
Nokia

Timothy Sutter

Keith Thompson wrote:

> Can you do us all a big favor and drop the comp.lang.c cross-post?

i didn't initiate the crosspost, so, you may ask the person who
initiated it.

do yourself a big favor and don't make an issue of it with me.

Timothy Sutter

Timothy Sutter wrote:

> Keith Thompson wrote:

> > Can you do us all a big favor and drop the comp.lang.c cross-post?

> i didn't initiate the crosspost, so,
> you may ask the person who initiated it.

and for all of the "us" who may or may not care;

i waited -2- days and no one said anything

to the initiator of the crosspost.

that's easily considered a "tacit" acceptance

of such a crosspost.

perhaps someone else sees the topicallity that you do not.

there, -now- i've done you a big favor.

> do yourself a big favor and don't make an issue of it with me.

gazelle

In article <4E4E9DCF.6C34@mail.com>, Timothy Sutter <a202010@mail.com> wrote:
>Keith Thompson wrote:
>

>> Can you do us all a big favor and drop the comp.lang.c cross-post?
>

>i didn't initiate the crosspost, so, you may ask the person who
>initiated it.
>
>do yourself a big favor and don't make an issue of it with me.

It sounds like you haven't been formally introdced to Mr. Kiki, master of
the universe, tompson. It is his whole reason for existence to be the CLC
cop. You'll have to get used to it...

--
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is
no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.

- John Kenneth Galbraith -

Timothy Sutter

Kenny McCormack wrote:

> Timothy Sutter wrote:

> > Keith Thompson wrote:

> > > Can you do us all a big favor and drop the comp.lang.c cross-post?

> > i didn't initiate the crosspost, so,
> > you may ask the person who initiated it.

> > do yourself a big favor and don't make an issue of it with me.

> It sounds like you haven't been formally introdced to Mr. Kiki, master of
> the universe, tompson. It is his whole reason for existence to be the CLC
> cop. You'll have to get used to it...

he's very close to infringing upon

the group charter of alt.birdwatching.bluebirds

Keith Thompson

Timothy Sutter <a202010@mail.com> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>> Can you do us all a big favor and drop the comp.lang.c cross-post?
>
> i didn't initiate the crosspost, so, you may ask the person who
> initiated it.
>
> do yourself a big favor and don't make an issue of it with me.

My request was not intended for you personally, but for anyone reading
the thread. Sorry if I implied otherwise.