comp.lang.python

Python Documentation website layout changed?

Andrej Mitrovic

What happened to the sidebar on the left of the documentation website?
It seems to be gone:

http://docs.python.org/py3k/...

I found it quite useful since I can quickly swap between Python2/3
documentation, and between other parts of the documentation as well.
4 Answers

Andrej Mitrovic

On Mar 17, 6:41 pm, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What happened to the sidebar on the left of the documentation website?
> It seems to be gone:
>
> http://docs.python.org/py3k/...
>
> I found it quite useful since I can quickly swap between Python2/3
> documentation, and between other parts of the documentation as well.

Edit: It looks like only the Python 3 pages are affected, the Python 2
pages are the same as before:

http://docs.python.org/...

Might be a bug?

Steve Holden

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On Mar 17, 6:41 pm, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What happened to the sidebar on the left of the documentation website?
>> It seems to be gone:
>>
>> http://docs.python.org/py3k/...
>>
>> I found it quite useful since I can quickly swap between Python2/3
>> documentation, and between other parts of the documentation as well.
>
> Edit: It looks like only the Python 3 pages are affected, the Python 2
> pages are the same as before:
>
> http://docs.python.org/...
>
> Might be a bug?

I'll ask. Georg - is this known behavior or a temporary problem?

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pyco...

Steve Holden

Steve Holden wrote:
> Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> On Mar 17, 6:41 pm, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What happened to the sidebar on the left of the documentation website?
>>> It seems to be gone:
>>>
>>> http://docs.python.org/py3k/...
>>>
>>> I found it quite useful since I can quickly swap between Python2/3
>>> documentation, and between other parts of the documentation as well.
>> Edit: It looks like only the Python 3 pages are affected, the Python 2
>> pages are the same as before:
>>
>> http://docs.python.org/...
>>
>> Might be a bug?
>
> I'll ask. Georg - is this known behavior or a temporary problem?

It's a bug. Georg is on it.

regards
Steve
--

On Mar 20, 12:32 am, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
> > Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

> >> Edit: It looks like only the Python 3 pages are affected, the Python 2
> >> pages are the same as before:
>
> >>http://docs.python.org/...
>
> >> Might be a bug?
>
> > I'll ask. Georg - is this known behavior or a temporary problem?
>
> It's a bug. Georg is on it.
>
> regards
>  Steve
> --
> Steve Holden           +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
> See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010  http://pyco...
> Holden Web LLC                http://www.hold...
> UPCOMING EVENTS:        http://holdenweb.event...

Looks like it's fixed now. Thanks Georg & Steve!