comp.lang.python

"Distributed" database in Python

David Tynnhammar

3/15/2010 7:50:00 AM

Greetings. I'm looking for a "distributed" database. (I'm not sure if
distributed is the correct terminology though).

My problem is this; I have a client application which once in a while
needs to sync with a central database. (And of course the client
-databases might be updated locally etc).

Are there any other resources you can recommend me? (I have basic RDMS
knowledge (MySQL)).
1 Answer

Steven D'Aprano

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:49:34 +0100, David Tynnhammar wrote:

> Greetings. I'm looking for a "distributed" database. (I'm not sure if
> distributed is the correct terminology though).
>
> My problem is this; I have a client application which once in a while
> needs to sync with a central database. (And of course the client
> -databases might be updated locally etc).
>
> Are there any other resources you can recommend me? (I have basic RDMS
> knowledge (MySQL)).

Google and Wikipedia are your friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distribute...
http://www.google.com/search?q=distribute...
http://www.google.com/search?q=python+distribute...

If you have already tried this, then you should say so, so that we don't
waste our time, and yours, going over ground you have already covered.

--
Steven