comp.lang.python

Re: sqlite3 is sqlite 2?

Dennis Lee Bieber

3/14/2010 8:40:00 PM

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:48:52 +0100, Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com>

> Is it possible to install a real sqlite version 3 somehow? I really need
> it because I have to use savepoint/rollback to. That is only supported
> from sqlite 3.6.8. Is it enough if I upgrade to Ubuntu Karmic? I know
> that is not a question about Python itself.

Have you checked the SQLite command handler itself?

C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Lee Bieber>sqlite3
SQLite version 3.6.3
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .exit

C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Lee Bieber>python
ActivePython 2.5.2.2 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Mar 27 2008, 17:57:18) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32
>>> import sqlite3
>>> sqlite3.version
'2.3.2'

You are looking, I believe, at the version number of the SQLite
DB-API adapter, not at the version of the SQLite library (.dll/.so)
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/