comp.lang.c

Profiling memory read writes

John

7/29/2011 4:42:00 AM

Is there some way of profiling code for memory read/writes ?

Like if I have 3 arrays A, B and C would it be possible to profile how
often A, B and C is accessed?

2 Answers

Ian Collins

On 07/29/11 04:42 PM, John wrote:
> Is there some way of profiling code for memory read/writes ?
>
> Like if I have 3 arrays A, B and C would it be possible to profile how
> often A, B and C is accessed?

Assuming your tools offer that support, yes. If they don't, get
something better!

--
Ian Collins

China Blue Veins

In article <4e323a81$0$308$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
"John" <john@nospam.thanks> wrote:

> Is there some way of profiling code for memory read/writes ?
>
> Like if I have 3 arrays A, B and C would it be possible to profile how
> often A, B and C is accessed?

There's no common method for all implementations unless you add your own
instrumentation to your code. You need to check for your specific
compiler/runtime/IDE.

--
I remember finding out about you, | Go out with a bang.
Everyday my mind is all around you,| I'm whoever you want me to be.