comp.lang.c

[OT] USA Economy 2-8-2011

io_x

7/28/2011 6:32:00 PM

Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
what do they say repubblicans?
where is the problem republicans-Obama?

22 Answers

gazelle

In article <4e31aac3$0$15659$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it>,
io_x <a@b.c.invalid> wrote:
>Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
>what do they say repubblicans?
>where is the problem republicans-Obama?

February 8th has come & gone.

--
Just for a change of pace, this sig is *not* an obscure reference to
comp.lang.c...

John Gordon

In <j0sibo$71d$1@news.xmission.com> gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack) writes:

> In article <4e31aac3$0$15659$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it>,
> io_x <a@b.c.invalid> wrote:
> >Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
> >what do they say repubblicans?
> >where is the problem republicans-Obama?

> February 8th has come & gone.

I think he is using the European date standard, which is day-month-year
so that would be August second.

gazelle

In article <j0smbn$aqp$1@reader1.panix.com>,
John Gordon <gordon@panix.com> wrote:
>In <j0sibo$71d$1@news.xmission.com> gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny
>McCormack) writes:
>
>> In article <4e31aac3$0$15659$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it>,
>> io_x <a@b.c.invalid> wrote:
>> >Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
>> >what do they say repubblicans?
>> >where is the problem republicans-Obama?
>
>> February 8th has come & gone.
>
>I think he is using the European date standard, which is day-month-year
>so that would be August second.

Gee, Turtle, Ya think???

Anyway, it is the wrong standard...

Zbiggy

In comp.lang.c, John Gordon wrote:

> I think he is using the European date standard, which is day-month-year
> so that would be August second.

For "day month year" there should be dot used as a separator: 02.08.2011
- for "month day year" - a slash: 08/02/2011
- for "year month day" - a hyphen: 2011-08-02

No more ambiguity! ;)
--
Z.

Uno

On 07/28/2011 12:32 PM, io_x wrote:
> Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
> what do they say repubblicans?
> where is the problem republicans-Obama?

What I think is that in all these talks and coverage, the word
"corruption" doesn't come up ever. Somehow we'll push granny down the
hill yet still pay bp $400/gallon for gas in afghanistan, $150 for a
bolt to an f-16, and the highest dollar imaginablr for presecription drugs.
--
Uno

io_x

"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
> what do they say repubblicans?
> where is the problem republicans-Obama?

in the few i understand, republicans want reduce
the expese capacity for democratics and Obama...

republicans are irresponsable,
republicans have to pay they errors
[using the debt explosion?]
and can not be obama to pay all their
errors

but if there is the debt explosion
what can happen to us people?
expecially the ones have State public work
as theachers etc [they have to live]

what if people think that the problem
is all caused from democratic?

i always thought US never can go to economy
fail because they can print dollars...
and spam debit using their money :)
but probabily not understand enought...
economy is not my subject of study...
Buona Giornata

Nick Keighley

On Jul 29, 11:43 am, Zbiggy <zbigniew2011REM...@gmail.REMOVE.com>
wrote:
> In comp.lang.c, John Gordon wrote:
>
> > I think he is using the European date standard, which is day-month-year
> > so that would be August second.
>
> For "day month year" there should be dot used as a separator: 02.08.2011
> - for "month day year" - a slash:  08/02/2011
> - for "year month day" - a hyphen: 2011-08-02
>
> No more ambiguity! ;)

ISO 8601

Michael Angelo Ravera

On Jul 29, 3:43 am, Zbiggy <zbigniew2011REM...@gmail.REMOVE.com>
wrote:
> In comp.lang.c, John Gordon wrote:
>
> > I think he is using the European date standard, which is day-month-year
> > so that would be August second.
>
> For "day month year" there should be dot used as a separator: 02.08.2011
> - for "month day year" - a slash:  08/02/2011
> - for "year month day" - a hyphen: 2011-08-02
>
> No more ambiguity! ;)

How about we adopt the "Worldwide Computing Standard" which is Year-
Month-Day. In ost of East Asia Y.M.D is standard.

Michael Angelo Ravera

On Jul 28, 11:32 am, "io_x" <a...@b.c.invalid> wrote:
> Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?
> what do they say repubblicans?
> where is the problem republicans-Obama?

The biggest problem is that Obama wants a straight rasie in the credit
limit without having to trim even the planned rate of increase in
spending and the Republicans want a balanced budget at some point in
the future (and preferably to write a requireent for it into the
Constitution). The Tea Party faction of the Republicans wants a
balanced budget NOW.

What WILL happen is that things will go up to the last minute and
either the Secretary of the Treasury will "find" extra money that
extends the deadline for a few days or both houses will vote and the
President will sign a temporary increase in the credit limit while
they work out a greater compromise.

It is POSSIBLE that one side or the other will cave, but the most
likely outcome is that we get a freeze on spending increases for a
period of time and the credit limit will be increased by the amount
that this reduces the planned rate of increase for the next 10 years.
My guess is that they will push out the borrowing authority until some
time in the Spring of 2012, probably after the first heavy round of
presidential primaries in late March. April 15 would be strangely
appropriate, but they couldn't hit it that close even if they tried
because revenues and expeditures vary accordnng to ecconomic
conditions and it is anybody's guess as to what will happen on that
front.

jacob navia

Le 28/07/11 20:32, io_x a écrit :
> Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?

No, I am not a citizen of the U.S.A and I do not live there.

That's why I am not scared. I would be if I lived there tough.

> what do they say repubblicans?
> where is the problem republicans-Obama?

The problem with debts is that you have to pay them one day.
Republicans have increased enormously the debts of the U.S.A.
during the last decade. Their strategy was twofold:

1) Increase spending.
2) Decrease revenues.

They increased spending in very important things like a war
in Iraq, a war in Afghanistan, and many other necessary investments
for the future.

They decreased revenues by exempting the billionaires and most big
corporations from paying taxes. For instance, General Electric
doesn't pay any taxes in the U.S.A.

Now, the debts have piled up and somebody has to pay them.

Republicans say that the debts should be paid by the poor.

As we all know, the poor are lazy, unwashed and dirty, so it is
normal that they pay the bills.

Democrats make a show as if they would disagree, and there is a lot
of drama going on. Basically however, democrats agree with all the
republicans policies. For instance, they continued the Bush era
tax cuts, an essential pillar of the deficit making.

What will happen?

At the last minute, both parties will agree that:

1) No new taxes should be decided for the poor billionaires
(No new revenues for the treasury)
2) The middle and lower classes (specially the lower ones)
should be burdened with all the effort of paying the bills.

This is because Americans have the best democracy money can buy.