microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Re: How to write a text file in landscape orientation in vb6

mm

6/14/2016 3:59:00 PM

"Catharinus van der werf" <csvanderwerf@gmail.com> escribió en el mensaje

> problem is that I cannot test it
> I do not have a printer working

Install a PDF printer driver.

It is a program that installs a driver that adds a "printer" to windows, but
it's not a physical printer, it's a program that generates PDF files
instead.
You will be able to "print" whatever you want from any program, but instead
of printing in paper it "prints" in PDF files.

4 Answers

Arne Saknussemm

:: On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:59:08 -0300
:: (microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)
:: <njp9l5$1du8$1@gioia.aioe.org>
:: "Eduardo" <mm@mm.com> wrote:

> "Catharinus van der werf" <csvanderwerf@gmail.com> escribió en el
> mensaje news:7a215489-43f6-4921-ba7c-d3687c5e1554@googlegroups.com...
>
> > problem is that I cannot test it
> > I do not have a printer working
>
> Install a PDF printer driver.
>
> It is a program that installs a driver that adds a "printer" to
> windows, but it's not a physical printer, it's a program that
> generates PDF files instead.
> You will be able to "print" whatever you want from any program, but
> instead of printing in paper it "prints" in PDF files.

newer versions of Windows have the XPS printer driver which may be used
for the same purpose w/o installing anything

mm

:: "Eduardo" <mm@mm.com> wrote:

> "Catharinus van der werf" <csvanderwerf@gmail.com> escribió en el
> mensaje news:7a215489-43f6-4921-ba7c-d3687c5e1554@googlegroups.com...
>
> > problem is that I cannot test it
> > I do not have a printer working
>
> Install a PDF printer driver.
>
> It is a program that installs a driver that adds a "printer" to
> windows, but it's not a physical printer, it's a program that
> generates PDF files instead.
> You will be able to "print" whatever you want from any program, but
> instead of printing in paper it "prints" in PDF files.

> newer versions of Windows have the XPS printer driver which may be used
> for the same purpose w/o installing anything

I think that it's available from XP with the "print to a file" option.

According to this page:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/deskto...(v=vs.85).aspx
it is available from XP SP2.

I almost never used it. I prefer PDF.

Arne Saknussemm

:: On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:37:47 -0300
:: (microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)
:: <njuv6u$1i58$1@gioia.aioe.org>
:: "Eduardo" <mm@mm.com> wrote:

> > newer versions of Windows have the XPS printer driver which may be
> > used for the same purpose w/o installing anything

> I think that it's available from XP with the "print to a file" option.
>
> According to this page:
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/deskto...(v=vs.85).aspx
> it is available from XP SP2.
>
> I almost never used it. I prefer PDF.

sure, but if one doesn't want to install the "PDF printer" s/w, the XPS
one is already available and in some cases, may fit the bill

> sure, but if one doesn't want to install the "PDF printer" s/w, the XPS
> one is already available and in some cases, may fit the bill

Yes.
In the past I remember that I had a physical printer only for the purpose to
test my programs (because I didn't need to print anything else).