[lnkForumImage]
TotalShareware - Download Free Software

Confronta i prezzi di migliaia di prodotti.
Asp Forum
 Home | Login | Register | Search 


 

Forums >

comp.lang.c++

Re: About C++ style (functions

Re: About C++ style (functions

Stanimir Stamenkov

6/17/2016 10:53:00 PM

Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:42:02 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
> On 6/6/2016 4:59 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>> On 06.06.2016 04:31, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>
>>>> Cheers & hth.,
>>>>
>>>> - Alf
>>>>
>>>> PS: Please don't quote signatures or other irrelevant stuff, thanks! :)
>>>
>>> Then correct your sig separator. It should be *exactly*
>>> hyphen-hyphen-space-newline.
>>
>> I don't have a sig separator now...
>
> Yes, by not following the RFC's and then complaining about others, you
> are behaving as an asshole.
>
> See https://www.ietf.org/rfc/r... section 4.3.

This doesn't mandate everyone should use this signature separator.
It has its uses mainly for signatures which include more than simple
name, and spread two or more lines. One may sign using any of:

- Name
/Name
-- Name

or another style. I think you're just being rude, lazy, or just
ignorant by not stripping it yourself (if the reader doesn't or
can't do it automatically for you), just like you should trim quotes
to a sane minimum, and that can't be automatic.

--
Stanimir

Jerry Stuckle

6/18/2016 1:12:00 AM

On 6/17/2016 6:52 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:42:02 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
>> On 6/6/2016 4:59 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>>> On 06.06.2016 04:31, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>>
>>>>> Cheers & hth.,
>>>>>
>>>>> - Alf
>>>>>
>>>>> PS: Please don't quote signatures or other irrelevant stuff,
>>>>> thanks! :)
>>>>
>>>> Then correct your sig separator. It should be *exactly*
>>>> hyphen-hyphen-space-newline.
>>>
>>> I don't have a sig separator now...
>>
>> Yes, by not following the RFC's and then complaining about others, you
>> are behaving as an asshole.
>>
>> See https://www.ietf.org/rfc/r... section 4.3.
>
> This doesn't mandate everyone should use this signature separator. It
> has its uses mainly for signatures which include more than simple name,
> and spread two or more lines. One may sign using any of:
>
> - Name
> /Name
> -- Name
>
> or another style. I think you're just being rude, lazy, or just
> ignorant by not stripping it yourself (if the reader doesn't or can't do
> it automatically for you), just like you should trim quotes to a sane
> minimum, and that can't be automatic.
>

Where does it say it is "mainly for signatures which include more than a
simple name"? Citation?

RFC's are there for a reason. News readers and email readers use them
as standards. Only idiots and trolls ignore them. Which are you?i

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

Jerry Stuckle

6/18/2016 1:49:00 AM

On 6/17/2016 6:52 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:42:02 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
>> On 6/6/2016 4:59 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>>> On 06.06.2016 04:31, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>>
>>>>> Cheers & hth.,
>>>>>
>>>>> - Alf
>>>>>
>>>>> PS: Please don't quote signatures or other irrelevant stuff,
>>>>> thanks! :)
>>>>
>>>> Then correct your sig separator. It should be *exactly*
>>>> hyphen-hyphen-space-newline.
>>>
>>> I don't have a sig separator now...
>>
>> Yes, by not following the RFC's and then complaining about others, you
>> are behaving as an asshole.
>>
>> See https://www.ietf.org/rfc/r... section 4.3.
>
> This doesn't mandate everyone should use this signature separator. It
> has its uses mainly for signatures which include more than simple name,
> and spread two or more lines. One may sign using any of:
>
> - Name
> /Name
> -- Name
>
> or another style. I think you're just being rude, lazy, or just
> ignorant by not stripping it yourself (if the reader doesn't or can't do
> it automatically for you), just like you should trim quotes to a sane
> minimum, and that can't be automatic.
>

Oh, and which RFC(s) define any of these other styles?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

Stanimir Stamenkov

6/18/2016 8:09:00 AM

Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:12:17 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
> On 6/17/2016 6:52 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>> Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:42:02 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
>>> On 6/6/2016 4:59 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>>>> On 06.06.2016 04:31, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> Cheers & hth.,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - Alf
>>>>>>
>>>>>> PS: Please don't quote signatures or other irrelevant stuff,
>>>>>> thanks! :)
>>>>>
>>>>> Then correct your sig separator. It should be *exactly*
>>>>> hyphen-hyphen-space-newline.
>>>>
>>>> I don't have a sig separator now...
>>>
>>> Yes, by not following the RFC's and then complaining about others, you
>>> are behaving as an asshole.
>>>
>>> See https://www.ietf.org/rfc/r... section 4.3.
>>
>> This doesn't mandate everyone should use this signature separator. It
>> has its uses mainly for signatures which include more than simple name,
>> and spread two or more lines. One may sign using any of:
>>
>> - Name
>> /Name
>> -- Name
>>
>> or another style. I think you're just being rude, lazy, or just
>> ignorant by not stripping it yourself (if the reader doesn't or can't do
>> it automatically for you), just like you should trim quotes to a sane
>> minimum, and that can't be automatic.
>
> Where does it say it is "mainly for signatures which include more than a
> simple name"? Citation?

Just use your brains.

> RFC's are there for a reason. News readers and email readers use them
> as standards. Only idiots and trolls ignore them. Which are you?i

Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:48:53 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:

> Oh, and which RFC(s) define any of these other styles?

Which RFC(s) prohibits using them? Which RFC(s) prohibits writing
in a style not defined in a RFC? Anyway, I'm off to something more
productive.

--
Stanimir

Jerry Stuckle

6/18/2016 2:55:00 PM

On 6/18/2016 4:09 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:12:17 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
>> On 6/17/2016 6:52 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>>> Mon, 6 Jun 2016 08:42:02 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
>>>> On 6/6/2016 4:59 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>>>>> On 06.06.2016 04:31, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>> Cheers & hth.,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> - Alf
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> PS: Please don't quote signatures or other irrelevant stuff,
>>>>>>> thanks! :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Then correct your sig separator. It should be *exactly*
>>>>>> hyphen-hyphen-space-newline.
>>>>>
>>>>> I don't have a sig separator now...
>>>>
>>>> Yes, by not following the RFC's and then complaining about others, you
>>>> are behaving as an asshole.
>>>>
>>>> See https://www.ietf.org/rfc/r... section 4.3.
>>>
>>> This doesn't mandate everyone should use this signature separator. It
>>> has its uses mainly for signatures which include more than simple name,
>>> and spread two or more lines. One may sign using any of:
>>>
>>> - Name
>>> /Name
>>> -- Name
>>>
>>> or another style. I think you're just being rude, lazy, or just
>>> ignorant by not stripping it yourself (if the reader doesn't or can't do
>>> it automatically for you), just like you should trim quotes to a sane
>>> minimum, and that can't be automatic.
>>
>> Where does it say it is "mainly for signatures which include more than a
>> simple name"? Citation?
>
> Just use your brains.
>

Not much of a citation.

>> RFC's are there for a reason. News readers and email readers use them
>> as standards. Only idiots and trolls ignore them. Which are you?i
>
> Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:48:53 -0400, /Jerry Stuckle/:
>
>> Oh, and which RFC(s) define any of these other styles?
>
> Which RFC(s) prohibits using them? Which RFC(s) prohibits writing in a
> style not defined in a RFC? Anyway, I'm off to something more productive.
>

RFC's define what IS to be used. Not what IS NOT to be used. They
define standards, and those who do not follow the standards have no
right to complain.

So now you've answered the question. You are both an idiot and a troll.

Go back to playing with your Legos. They're more your speed.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

Real Troll

6/18/2016 4:45:00 PM

On 18/06/2016 15:55, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> So now you've answered the question. You are both an idiot and a troll.

Are you sure dickhead?



Servizio di avviso nuovi messaggi
Ricevi direttamente nella tua mail i nuovi messaggi per
Re: About C++ style (functions

Inserendo la tua e-mail nella casella sotto, riceverai un avviso tramite posta elettronica ogni volta che il motore di ricerca troverà un nuovo messaggio per te

Il servizio è completamente GRATUITO!