comp.lang.c++

migraines

jacob navia

6/13/2016 8:21:00 AM

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160610...

Many with migraines have vitamin deficiencies, says study
Researchers uncertain whether supplementation would help prevent migraines
Date:
June 10, 2016
Source:
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
appear to have mild deficiencies in vitamin D, riboflavin and coenzyme
Q10 -- a vitamin-like substance found in every cell of the body that is
used to produce energy for cell growth and maintenance.

A high percentage of children, teens and young adults with migraines
appear to have mild deficiencies in vitamin D, riboflavin and coenzyme
Q10 -- a vitamin-like substance found in every cell of the body that is
used to produce energy for cell growth and maintenance.

These deficiencies may be involved in patients who experience migraines,
but that is unclear based on existing studies.

"Further studies are needed to elucidate whether vitamin supplementation
is effective in migraine patients in general, and whether patients with
mild deficiency are more likely to benefit from supplementation," says
Suzanne Hagler, MD, a Headache Medicine fellow in the division of
Neurology at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and lead
author of the study.

Dr. Hagler and colleagues at Cincinnati Children's conducted the study
among patients at the Cincinnati Children's Headache Center. She will
present her findings at 9:55 am Pacific time June 10, 2016 at the 58th
Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Headache Society in San Diego.

Dr. Hagler's study drew from a database that included patients with
migraines who, according to Headache Center practice, had baseline blood
levels checked for vitamin D, riboflavin, coenzyme Q10 and folate, all
of which were implicated in migraines, to some degree, by previous and
sometimes conflicting studies. Many were put on preventive migraine
medications and received vitamin supplementation, if levels were low.
Because few received vitamins alone, the researchers were unable to
determine vitamin effectiveness in preventing migraines.

She found that girls and young woman were more likely than boys and
young men to have coenzyme Q10 deficiencies at baseline. Boys and young
men were more likely to have vitamin D deficiency. It was unclear
whether there were folate deficiencies. Patients with chronic migraines
were more likely to have coenzyme Q10 and riboflavin deficiencies than
those with episodic migraines.

Previous studies have indicated that certain vitamins and vitamin
deficiencies may be important in the migraine process. Studies using
vitamins to prevent migraines, however, have had conflicting success.

Story Source:

The above post is reprinted from materials provided by Cincinnati
Children's Hospital Medical Center. Note: Materials may be edited for
content and length.
4 Answers

jacob navia

Sorry, wrong destination !

Excuse me
jacob

Vir Campestris

On 13/06/2016 09:24, jacobnavia wrote:
> Sorry, wrong destination !

Forgiven.

That might explain why I get them in groups for a few days, then not for
a while.

Andy

jacob navia

Le 13/06/2016 à 22:09, Vir Campestris a écrit :
> On 13/06/2016 09:24, jacobnavia wrote:
>> Sorry, wrong destination !
>>
> Forgiven.
>
> That might explain why I get them in groups for a few days, then not for
> a while.
>
> Andy

Since you publish no mail address I can answer only by the group.

I retired the message, and I do not know if you got it. It was a msg to
my daughter (that has a migraines often) that vitamin D could help
lessen the symptoms, as reported in the science daily site.
To see more go to:
/www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160610140645.htm

Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet

On 13.06.2016 22:09, Vir Campestris wrote:
> On 13/06/2016 09:24, jacobnavia wrote:
>> Sorry, wrong destination !
>>
> Forgiven.
>
> That might explain why I get them in groups for a few days, then not for
> a while.

:)

Cheers!.

- Alf