Deployment considerations for web services

Mark Norgate

9/8/2003 9:37:00 PM

Hi

I'm currently getting my head around the architectural aspects of .NET, but
am wondering how to go about writing my application to make deployment into
the live environment from my development environment so as to make it as
painless as possible.

All this dragging SQL Adapters onto my web service design surface and tying
it to a data grid is all well and good, but the live environment won't use
the same database connections, for example. Can anyone point me to
documentation that deals with these deployment issues and how to write code
in such a way that configuring for the two environments is done
automatically and not something I have to worry about too much?

Cheers, Mark