Java Date Interoperability (01/01/0001) With .NET Web Services

RajPatel(raj.patel

9/4/2003 11:21:00 AM

Hi all,

I have a .net web service that returns an object which includes several
dates fields set to System.DateTime.MinValue. (01/010001) If I use a Java
client to consume this web service, these dates on the java client always
default to todays date which causes problems when posting the data back.

Looking at the SOAP message going over the wire its set to

<Date1>0001-01-01T00:00:00.0000000-00:00</Date1>

What I need is for the Java date to be set to 1/1/1 which is equavalent in
java to calling:

Date mindate = new Date(-1899,0,1);

Any suggestions as to why java cant interpret the date and potential
resultions?

Thanks

Raj

Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysof...