Newbie: Download a file from a web service

Daniel Johansson

9/2/2003 7:25:00 PM

Hi

I have created a web service that on one function returns a dataset that
should be saved as
a file on the client´s side. How do I do that?
If I cant use a dataset how should i proceed?

Regards

// Daniel

1 Answer

Michael Pearson

Is the client a Web Browser or regular EXE program?

If it's an EXE, return the dataset from the webservice, and use
DataSet.writeXML()
WriteXML allows you to save the Dataset as XML to a file.

Michael

"Daniel Johansson" <adaoja-7@student.luth.se> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have created a web service that on one function returns a dataset that
> should be saved as
> a file on the client´s side. How do I do that?
> If I cant use a dataset how should i proceed?
>
> Regards
>
> // Daniel

---