ASP 3.0 / COM+ / Web Service Issues

drewmace

9/2/2003 2:04:00 PM

Here is the scenario:
We have an ASP 3.0 web page that calls a COM+ component. This
component is written in VB.NET usng Enterprise Services. The
component is working fine from a COM+ standpoint. The component is
supposed to try to consume a web services and return the xml. The web
service is in vb.net and currently has hardcoded xml to return. I
have tested the web service and it works fine.

No the strange part.

When we call the web page, it calls the COM+ component and returns the
following error:

Response object error 'ASP 0106 : 80020005'
Type Mismatch
/test.asp, line 0
An unhandled data type was encountered.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. CSL
at CSL.VendorCSLFeed.ErrorInWebService()
at CSL.VendorCSLFeed.TestDbConnectivity()

I have included the method being called:

Public Function TestDbConnectivity() As Object
Try

Dim _Service As New TestFeed.Feed
_Service.Timeout = 30000
TestDbConnectivity = _Service.TestDbConnectivity()

Catch ex As Exception

Dim Mailer As New MailMessage
Mailer.To = "test@test.com"
Mailer.From = "test@test.com"
Mailer.Subject = System.DateTime.Now & " - Error in Web
Service Middle Component"
Mailer.Body = ex.Message & Environment.NewLine & ex.Source
& Environment.NewLine & ex.StackTrace
SmtpMail.Send(Mailer)

TestDbConnectivity = ErrorInWebService()
End Try
End Function

Thanks.

Drew
2 Answers

v-lwang

Hi Drewmace,

There are two problems about this issue. One is that the asp is running
under the IUSER account by default, so the COM+ may not have enough
privilege to call the web service which can not be accessed by anonymous
and throws out an exception.

You may go to the Component Services in Administrative Tools and right
click on the COM+ component, select properties. On the activation tab,
select "server application" and on the Identity tab, set a user account
with enough privilege to call the web service. Instead of doing this, you
can also do impersonation from code.

The second is that some errors may occur in ErrorInWebService(), so the
error was returned. Would you please past some code snippet in asp and in
ErrorInWebService()? Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Lewis

--------------------

CB@PrayForMe.com

"tmurf1" <tmurf.1@juno.com> wrote in message
On Sep 17, 7:23 pm, "CB" <C...@PrayForMe.com> wrote:
> "RichTravsky" <traRvE...@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote in message

> > CB wrote:
>
> >> June 10, 2003
>
> >> Mother Of All Financial Scandals: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
> >> By Michelle Malkin
> >> (Links galore abound in the HTML form)
> >>http://www.vdare.com/malkin/mor...
>
> > It's been EIGHT years! This just happened!
>
> > HAHAHHHAA
>
> Libs have been stealing from Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae for so long they
> finally thought it was all theirs for the plundering.
>
> Clinton Budget Director Franklin Raines' Role in Fannie Mae & Mortgage
> Meltdown got him $100 million before he retired.
>
> He should be in prison!

"Whenever something goes wrong or you get caught stealing, just try to
link it with some Democrat from the past" RULE 42 of the conservative
playbook.

You have no ability to see the truth