Re: The Example in : "Securing XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET"

Frank Drebin

8/25/2003 11:45:00 PM

Where is this example from? And what methods are you trying to employ in
locking down your web service??

"David Abramowicz" <dabramowicz@rsasecurity.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have tried to get the example for custom
> authentication/authorization with SOAP headers from the
> article "Securing XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET"
> for some time now without any luck.
>
> Has anyone actually managed to get this example to work?
>
> I have made some progress though as I figured out that you
> need to declare and initialise the HTTP module in the Web
> Service Application's Global.asax.
>
> I now have the problem that in the HTTPModule, when the
> OnAuthenticate method is called the _eventHandler is null.
> Is there some other Global.asax initialisation I have
> missed?
>
> Would be very happy at any feedback...
>
> Thanks /Dave

1 Answer

David Abramowicz

This is the link to the example:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-...
/html/cpconsecuringaspnetwebservices.asp

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***