Aung

8/24/2003 9:33:00 PM

Has anybody develop RFC1950 and RFC1951 compliant Zip utility?

Any pointer will be appreciated.

15 Answers

Pieter Philippaerts

"Aung" <aung@aungkyawmoe_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
> Has anybody develop RFC1950 and RFC1951 compliant Zip utility?
> Any pointer will be appreciated.

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/Sh...

Regards,
Pieter Philippaerts
Managed SSL/TLS: http://www.mentalis.org...

AlexL [Xceed]

If you're looking for a full-featured one, please check out Xceed Zip
for .NET:

http://www.xce.../produ...

Alex

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 04:32:40 +0700, "Aung"

--
Alex Leblanc
Xceed Software Inc.

Check out our advanced .NET grid and SmartUI controls

Email: xLeblancA@xceedsoft.com (remove the first 'x')

Odi Kosmatos

We're not selling vaporware, Pete. The features are already
implemented, tested, and ready to use today.

Its easy to say something is expensive until you realize how much time
you spend trying to DIY. Xceed caters to developers that want
reliable, tested code that is well documented... so they can save
their time. After all, time is money. That's what the value of the
product is.

With Xceed Zip for .NET, you'll get complete documentation, lots of
samples, free tech support (try calling up the makers of the alternate
solution you talk of and see if they'll stop what they are doing to
help you until your problem is fixed), a web site with a knowledge
base, online forums dedicated to the product, new versions and updates
on a regular basis, and of couse, dozens upon dozens of features that
only we do and nobody else does... not to mention the fact that these
days we include all our other non-visual components and libraries in
the price of the component as well...

That's why we are developing an FTP library for .NET (plenty of free
solutions for that... How many actually work well and are full
featured?) and also why we made a Grid for .NET (why not just use the
included datagrid with Visual Studio .NET?!)

Take care,
Odi

--
Alex Leblanc
Xceed Software Inc.
http://www.xce...

Check out our advanced .NET grid and SmartUI controls

Email: xLeblancA@xceedsoft.com (remove the first 'x')

Joe

Whoa, Odi, be careful man! I think Microsoft owns the copyright on the
entire email you just wrote.

-- Joe

"Odi [Xceed]" <KosmatosO@xceedsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We're not selling vaporware, Pete. The features are already
> implemented, tested, and ready to use today.
>
> Its easy to say something is expensive until you realize how much time
> you spend trying to DIY. Xceed caters to developers that want
> reliable, tested code that is well documented... so they can save
> their time. After all, time is money. That's what the value of the
> product is.
>
> With Xceed Zip for .NET, you'll get complete documentation, lots of
> samples, free tech support (try calling up the makers of the alternate
> solution you talk of and see if they'll stop what they are doing to
> help you until your problem is fixed), a web site with a knowledge
> base, online forums dedicated to the product, new versions and updates
> on a regular basis, and of couse, dozens upon dozens of features that
> only we do and nobody else does... not to mention the fact that these
> days we include all our other non-visual components and libraries in
> the price of the component as well...
>
> That's why we are developing an FTP library for .NET (plenty of free
> solutions for that... How many actually work well and are full
> featured?) and also why we made a Grid for .NET (why not just use the
> included datagrid with Visual Studio .NET?!)
>
> Take care,
> Odi

Aung

Hello,

I am having a problem with WebRequest class. I used the following code to
post some data to a page and retrive back the response. It works fine with
http:// connection. When i use that with https:// connection, it thrown an
exception "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
relationship with remote server.". I am using self sign certificate on the
web server and the root and CA certificates are installed on the client
machine using the following code.

your suggestions will be great appreciated.

Aung

public string postForm(string url, string postData)

{

string retStr="", tempStr;

HttpWebResponse result = null;

try

{

HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(url);

req.Method = "POST";

req.UserAgent = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR
1.0.3705)";

req.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";

StringBuilder UrlEncoded = new StringBuilder();

Char[] reserved = {'?', '=', '&'};

byte[] SomeBytes = null;

if (postData != null)

{

int i=0, j;

while(i<postData.Length)

{

j=postData.IndexOfAny(reserved, i);

if (j==-1)

{

UrlEncoded.Append(HttpUtility.UrlEncode(postData.Substring(i,
postData.Length-i)));

break;

}

UrlEncoded.Append(HttpUtility.UrlEncode(postData.Substring(i, j-i)));

UrlEncoded.Append(postData.Substring(j,1));

i = j+1;

}

SomeBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(UrlEncoded.ToString());

req.ContentLength = SomeBytes.Length;

Stream newStream = req.GetRequestStream();

newStream.Write(SomeBytes, 0, SomeBytes.Length);

newStream.Close();

}

else

{

req.ContentLength = 0;

}

result = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();

Stream ReceiveStream = result.GetResponseStream();

Encoding encode = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");

StreamReader sr = new StreamReader( ReceiveStream, encode );

Char[] read = new Char[256];

int count = sr.Read( read, 0, 256 );

while (count > 0)

{

tempStr = new String(read, 0, count);

retStr += tempStr;

count = sr.Read(read, 0, 256);

}

retStr.Trim();

}

catch (Exception e)

{

retStr = "Error!!";

}

finally

{

if ( result != null )

{

result.Close();

}

}

return retStr;

}

Justin Rogers

Best way to test your client is see if you can do the same from IE. Most of
the System.Net classes take configuration from IE behind the scenes. If it
doesn't work in IE and you do get it working, make sure to close all
instances of IE so the data persists before re-running the .NET application.
Some changes are considered dynamic and won't be written to the registry
until close.

Hopefully you find that IE won't connect either. I find it hard to believe
that .NET would have a more stringent implementation of SSL than IE. But it
is possible.

--
Justin Rogers
DigiTec Web Consultants, LLC.

> [...]
>
> }
>
> UrlEncoded.Append(HttpUtility.UrlEncode(postData.Substring(i, j-i)));
>
> UrlEncoded.Append(postData.Substring(j,1));
>
> i = j+1;
>
> }
>
> SomeBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(UrlEncoded.ToString());
>
> req.ContentLength = SomeBytes.Length;
>
> Stream newStream = req.GetRequestStream();
>
> newStream.Write(SomeBytes, 0, SomeBytes.Length);
>
> newStream.Close();
>
> }
>
> else
>
> {
>
> req.ContentLength = 0;
>
> }
>
> result = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();
>
> Stream ReceiveStream = result.GetResponseStream();
>
> Encoding encode = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");
>
> StreamReader sr = new StreamReader( ReceiveStream, encode );

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

A thing that I have found that can help is to implement a class based on
ICertificatePolicy that handles the CheckValidationResult method. If you
set an instance of your class to the ServicePointManager.CertificatePolicy
property, you can override the behavior of certificate handling errors.
Returning true will cause the system to ignore all errors, which is
sometimes helpful for testing (but a bad a idea for production code).

HTH,

Joe K.

"Justin Rogers" <Justin@games4dotnet.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> >
> > }
> >
> > UrlEncoded.Append(HttpUtility.UrlEncode(postData.Substring(i, j-i)));
> >
> > UrlEncoded.Append(postData.Substring(j,1));
> >
> > i = j+1;
> >
> > }
> >
> > SomeBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(UrlEncoded.ToString());
> >
> > req.ContentLength = SomeBytes.Length;
> >
> > Stream newStream = req.GetRequestStream();
> >
> > newStream.Write(SomeBytes, 0, SomeBytes.Length);
> >
> > newStream.Close();
> >
> > }
> >
> > else
> >
> > {
> >
> > req.ContentLength = 0;
> >
> > }
> >
> > result = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();
> >
> > Stream ReceiveStream = result.GetResponseStream();
> >
> > Encoding encode = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");
> >
> > StreamReader sr = new StreamReader( ReceiveStream, encode );

Drebin

Egads!! BAD cross-poster - BAD!!

Anyhow, yes - this is exactly what the problem is. You can't programatically
specify a trust list (at least I haven't run across a way) - so even if you
log in with that account, and add the certificate authority -
programatically - it will still not trust that CA.

The ONLY way I've seen this or been able to get this to work (because I
needed to do the same thing) - is you have to get real certificates, like
from Verisign or Thawte..

> [...]
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > UrlEncoded.Append(HttpUtility.UrlEncode(postData.Substring(i, j-i)));
> > >
> > > UrlEncoded.Append(postData.Substring(j,1));
> > >
> > > i = j+1;
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > SomeBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(UrlEncoded.ToString());
> > >
> > > req.ContentLength = SomeBytes.Length;
> > >
> > > Stream newStream = req.GetRequestStream();
> > >
> > > newStream.Write(SomeBytes, 0, SomeBytes.Length);
> > >
> > > newStream.Close();
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > else
> > >
> > > {
> > >
> > > req.ContentLength = 0;
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > result = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();
> > >
> > > Stream ReceiveStream = result.GetResponseStream();
> > >
> > > Encoding encode = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");
> > >
> > > StreamReader sr = new StreamReader( ReceiveStream, encode );

Tim Cartwright

I was having the same issue using a MS Certificate Server . If you are using
you
own certificate authority to issue the certificate the problem lies in the
fact
that your client computer does not trust the issuing certificate authority.
Read
the section "Install Your Certification Authority's Certificate on the
Client"
from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en... IE gives
you
the option to accept this discrepancy, but .net does not.

Tim Cartwright //Will write code for food

"Drebin" <tRhEeMdOrVeEbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Egads!! BAD cross-poster - BAD!!
>
> Anyhow, yes - this is exactly what the problem is. You can't
programatically
> specify a trust list (at least I haven't run across a way) - so even if
you
> log in with that account, and add the certificate authority -
> programatically - it will still not trust that CA.
>
> The ONLY way I've seen this or been able to get this to work (because I
> needed to do the same thing) - is you have to get real certificates, like
> from Verisign or Thawte..
>

> "Aung" <aung@aungkyawmoe_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
> > Yes. i used IE before calling from my application. IE popup with a
warning
> > message telling me that "certificate on the server is not the same name
> bla
> > bla. " and when i hit OK, i can view the SSL page with form.
> >
> > my .NET application cannot.
> >

> > "Justin Rogers" <Justin@games4dotnet.com> wrote in message
> > > Best way to test your client is see if you can do the same from IE.
> Most
> > of
> > > the System.Net classes take configuration from IE behind the scenes.
If
> > it
> > > doesn't work in IE and you do get it working, make sure to close all
> > > instances of IE so the data persists before re-running the .NET
> > application.
> > > Some changes are considered dynamic and won't be written to the
registry
> > > until close.
> > >
> > > Hopefully you find that IE won't connect either. I find it hard to
> > believe
> > > that .NET would have a more stringent implementation of SSL than IE.
> But
> > it
> > > is possible.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Justin Rogers
> > > DigiTec Web Consultants, LLC.
> > >
> > > "Aung" <aung@aungkyawmoe_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message

> > with
> thrown
> > an
> > trust
> > the
> client

> .NET
> > > CLR

ChasNemo

On Mar 19, 6:09?pm, "COL. BILL KILGORE" <w_s_kilg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "ChasNemo" <chasn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 19, 8:39?am, "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote:
>
> > That same guy who just a few months ago railed at the unfairness and out
> > and
> > out deception of Obamacare suddenly becomes a docile convert ??? I think
> > not.
> > There are no wiretaps in Air Force One, it is the domain of Obama and his
> > henchmen.
> > Remember all the personal files which disappeared from Hillary's office
> > during her healthcare flop ?? ?yea, the ones spirited to safety by Sandy
> > Berger ?? ?well, they have surfaced. ?I would say that Obama or one of his
> > Goons showed Dennis some career ending photos, perhaps showing his pee-pee
> > in places it shouldn't be ... if I had to guess, looking at the wimp, farm
> > animals or little boys come to mind.
> > If it looks like blackmail, if it smells like blackmail, if the results
> > point to blackmail, then, in all likelihood it was blackmail, perpetrated
> > by, or on the orders of, that devoted new age socialist, Hussein Obama.
>
> Rep. Kucinich stated his reason -- the bill isn't exactly what he
> wanted (e.g., no public option), but it's a good start on real reform!
>
> Obviously anything the insurance companies, Chamber of Commerce and
> ReThuglyKKKans are against is good!!
>
> GAWD BLESS REP. DENNIS KUCINICH!!!
>
> Just how politically naive are you Denise? ?Perhaps you've just been living
> out-of-country too long.

We're smart enough not to have voted even once (let alone twice) for
the braindead, traitorous Bu$h/Cheney KKKrime Family, let alone the
KKKlownish McKook/Stupid ticket. <snicker>