Re: Configure Web References from Web.Config

Wor Tony

8/21/2003 8:15:00 PM

"Ted" <sumesh.nair@flytxt.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am consuming some Java Web Services from my ASP.NET app. I add the web
> references and generate proxies through Visual Studio. During developement
> the web references point to a test box. When I deploy my ASP.NET app to my
> staging platform my web references are still pointing to my test box.
> Can I change this and configure this from web.config. How does it work,
> because the proxies are generated for me by visual studio?

If you're using VS.Net 2003, click the web reference and change url type
from
static to dynamic. If you're not using VS.Net 2003 you need to change the
generated proxy class to pick up the setting from web.config, from memory
use

System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings[nameofsettinginweb.co
nfig]

HTH

AP
Nottingham - UK