Error adding web reference...proxy settings?

Doug&Cindy

8/21/2003 2:52:00 PM

I get the following error when I try and add a webreference that is on my
local machine...http://localhost/myapp/myservice.asmx
"The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web
discovery." I can bring up my local .asmx file in the "Add Web Reference"
window and if I put the ?wsdl on the end it is the proper wsdl that is being
generated....I'm not that well versed on the proxy stuff...in my
IE->tools->Options->connections->lansettings the Proxy Server checkbox is
UNCHECKED. I did a fair amount of development with webservices awhile ago
and I didn't have any problems but now I can't seem to add ANY web
reference...I've even tried picking one from the UDDI search...I get the
same error....we did change offices and we do have a new router...any
thoughts?

thanks
Doug

--
Doug Swanson
Senior Applications Developer

12 Answers

GLOBAL CHICO

"znuybv" <tjwilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On May 21, 12:34 pm, "GLOBAL CHICO" <BushSu...@home.net> wrote:
>> Oil Oracle Predicts $200 Barrels
>> Arjun N. Murti remembers the pain of the oil shocks of the 1970s. But he
>> is
>> bracing for something far worse now: He foresees a "super spike" -- a
>> price
>> surge that will soon drive crude oil to $200 a barrel.
>>
>> Mr. Murti, who has a bit of a green streak, is not bothered much by the
>> prospect of even higher oil prices, figuring it might finally prompt
>> America
>> to become more energy efficient.
>>
>> An analyst at Goldman Sachs, Mr. Murti has become the talk of the oil
>> market
>> by issuing one sensational forecast after another. A few years ago,
>> rivals
>> scoffed when he predicted oil would breach $100 a barrel. Few are
>> laughing
>> now. Oil shattered yet another record on Tuesday, touching $129.60 on the
>> New York Mercantile Exchange. Gas at $4 a gallon is arriving just in time
>> for those long summer drives.
>>
>> Mr. Murti, 39, argues that the world's seemingly unquenchable thirst for
>> oil
>> means prices will keep rising from here and stay above $100 into 2011.
>> Others disagree, arguing that prices could abruptly tumble if speculators
>> in
>> the market rush for the exits. But the grim calculus of Mr. Murti's
>> prediction, issued in March and reconfirmed two weeks ago, is enough to
>> give
>> anyone pause: in an America of $200 oil, gasoline could cost more than $6
>> gallon.
>>
>> Read the whole story here.
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/business/21oil.html?partner=r......
>>
>> Here is a graph of how the US peaked:
>>
>> http://gailtheactuary.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/us-produ...
>>
>> Everybody better hope that the prediction of $200/barrel and $6/gallon
>> doesn't come true. If that happens you don't have to worry about a week
>> economy or a recession. You'd better start worrying about a depression.
>>
>> Better buy a sack of seeds and a mule, Bush is returning us to the
>> republican "good ole days" of robber barons and starvation.
>
> Keep voting for Democrats and it will be up to $300 before long. You
> deseve to pay high prices for gasoline.

another Bush enabler figures out what the rest of us knew in 1999. Too late.

znuybv

On May 21, 12:54 pm, ztc <johnny...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 21, 3:44 pm, znuybv <tjwil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 21, 12:34 pm, "GLOBAL CHICO" <BushSu...@home.net> wrote:
>
> > > Oil Oracle Predicts $200 Barrels
> > > Arjun N. Murti remembers the pain of the oil shocks of the 1970s. But he is
> > > bracing for something far worse now: He foresees a "super spike" -- a price
> > > surge that will soon drive crude oil to $200 a barrel.
>
> > > Mr. Murti, who has a bit of a green streak, is not bothered much by the
> > > prospect of even higher oil prices, figuring it might finally prompt America
> > > to become more energy efficient.
>
> > > An analyst at Goldman Sachs, Mr. Murti has become the talk of the oil market
> > > by issuing one sensational forecast after another. A few years ago, rivals
> > > scoffed when he predicted oil would breach $100 a barrel. Few are laughing
> > > now. Oil shattered yet another record on Tuesday, touching $129.60 on the
> > > New York Mercantile Exchange. Gas at $4 a gallon is arriving just in time
> > > for those long summer drives.
>
> > > Mr. Murti, 39, argues that the world's seemingly unquenchable thirst for oil
> > > means prices will keep rising from here and stay above $100 into 2011.
> > > Others disagree, arguing that prices could abruptly tumble if speculators in
> > > the market rush for the exits. But the grim calculus of Mr. Murti's
> > > prediction, issued in March and reconfirmed two weeks ago, is enough to give
> > > anyone pause: in an America of $200 oil, gasoline could cost more than $6 a
> > > gallon.
>
> > > Read the whole story here.
>
> > >http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/business/21oil.html?partner=r......
>
> > > Here is a graph of how the US peaked:
>
> > >http://gailtheactuary.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/us-produ...
>
> > > Everybody better hope that the prediction of $200/barrel and $6/gallon
> > > doesn't come true. If that happens you don't have to worry about a week
> > > economy or a recession. You'd better start worrying about a depression.
>
> > > Better buy a sack of seeds and a mule, Bush is returning us to the
> > > republican "good ole days" of robber barons and starvation.
>
> > Keep voting for Democrats and it will be up to $300 before long. You
> > deseve to pay high prices for gasoline.
>
> When Bush took office in 2001 average price per gallon of gasoline in
> the U.S. was $1.46 and a barrel of light crude oil cost under $30 -
> Cheney said oil/gas price would come down after they "won" the Iraq
> war. Gas now $4 per/gal and rising fast! Mission Accomplished!

The price of oil and gasoline went up when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid
took control of Congress.

> The price of oil and gasoline went up when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid
> took control of Congress.

THAT'S A GODDAMN LIE! It was $30 a barrel when Bush took office with a
republican Congress who wanted to nothing but to wreak vengeance on Clinton
for beating HW in '92 and to be as unamerican as possible.

MikeC

"znuybv" <tjwilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On May 21, 12:54 pm, ztc <johnny...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > Keep voting for Democrats and it will be up to $300 before long. You
>> > deseve to pay high prices for gasoline.
>>
>> When Bush took office in 2001 average price per gallon of gasoline in
>> the U.S. was $1.46 and a barrel of light crude oil cost under $30 -
>> Cheney said oil/gas price would come down after they "won" the Iraq
>> war. Gas now $4 per/gal and rising fast! Mission Accomplished!
>
> The price of oil and gasoline went up when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid
> took control of Congress.

It went up before that too.

OneTwoThree

"MikeC" <n0body@n0where.com> wrote in message
> "znuybv" <tjwilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> When Bush took office in 2001 average price per gallon of gasoline in
>>> the U.S. was $1.46 and a barrel of light crude oil cost under $30 -
>>> Cheney said oil/gas price would come down after they "won" the Iraq
>>> war. Gas now $4 per/gal and rising fast! Mission Accomplished!
>>
>> The price of oil and gasoline went up when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid
>> took control of Congress.
>
> It went up before that too.

so when is Bush going to jawbone Pelosi and Reid to pass legislation
permitting developing of domestic oil resources?

.

znuybv

On May 21, 12:57 pm, "GLOBAL CHICO" <BushSu...@home.net> wrote:
> "znuybv" <tjwil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On May 21, 12:34 pm, "GLOBAL CHICO" <BushSu...@home.net> wrote:
> >> Oil Oracle Predicts $200 Barrels
> >> Arjun N. Murti remembers the pain of the oil shocks of the 1970s. But he
> >> is
> >> bracing for something far worse now: He foresees a "super spike" -- a
> >> price
> >> surge that will soon drive crude oil to $200 a barrel.
>
> >> Mr. Murti, who has a bit of a green streak, is not bothered much by the
> >> prospect of even higher oil prices, figuring it might finally prompt
> >> America
> >> to become more energy efficient.
>
> >> An analyst at Goldman Sachs, Mr. Murti has become the talk of the oil
> >> market
> >> by issuing one sensational forecast after another. A few years ago,
> >> rivals
> >> scoffed when he predicted oil would breach $100 a barrel. Few are
> >> laughing
> >> now. Oil shattered yet another record on Tuesday, touching $129.60 on the
> >> New York Mercantile Exchange. Gas at $4 a gallon is arriving just in time
> >> for those long summer drives.
>
> >> Mr. Murti, 39, argues that the world's seemingly unquenchable thirst for
> >> oil
> >> means prices will keep rising from here and stay above $100 into 2011.
> >> Others disagree, arguing that prices could abruptly tumble if speculators
> >> in
> >> the market rush for the exits. But the grim calculus of Mr. Murti's
> >> prediction, issued in March and reconfirmed two weeks ago, is enough to
> >> give
> >> anyone pause: in an America of $200 oil, gasoline could cost more than $6
> >> gallon.
>
> >> Read the whole story here.
>
> >>http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/business/21oil.html?partner=r......
>
> >> Here is a graph of how the US peaked:
>
> >>http://gailtheactuary.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/us-produ...
>
> >> Everybody better hope that the prediction of $200/barrel and $6/gallon
> >> doesn't come true. If that happens you don't have to worry about a week
> >> economy or a recession. You'd better start worrying about a depression.
>
> >> Better buy a sack of seeds and a mule, Bush is returning us to the
> >> republican "good ole days" of robber barons and starvation.
>
> > Keep voting for Democrats and it will be up to $300 before long. You
> > deseve to pay high prices for gasoline.
>
> another Bush enabler figures out what the rest of us knew in 1999. Too late.

If you want higher taxes and gasoline prices; vote Democrat.

Neoconis_Ignoramus

On May 21, 3:16 pm, znuybv <tjwil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 21, 12:57 pm, "GLOBAL CHICO" <BushSu...@home.net> wrote:
>

> > "znuybv" <tjwil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > Keep voting for Democrats and it will be up to $300 before long.  You
> > > deseve to pay high prices for gasoline.
>
> > another Bush enabler figures out what the rest of us knew in 1999. Too late.
>
> If you want higher taxes and gasoline prices; vote Democrat.- Hide quoted text -

Um, dumbfuck, part of the reason oil prices have skyrocketed is the
declining dollar. The declining dollar brought on by Shrub's deficit
spending, brought on by the combination of stupid tax cuts and out of
control spending? Ring a bell to you, dimwit?

Oh, THAT's right - in the mind of the party of morals and
responsibility, the prudent thing to do is to pass of billions in debt
to future generations. You morons only thought you wouldn't have any
ramification for doing so.

GLOBAL CHICO

"OneTwoThree" <youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote in message

> "MikeC" <n0body@n0where.com> wrote in message
>> "znuybv" <tjwilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> The price of oil and gasoline went up when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid
>>> took control of Congress.
>>
>> It went up before that too.
>
> so when is Bush going to jawbone Pelosi and Reid to pass legislation
> permitting developing of domestic oil resources?

Another lie.

OneTwoThree

"GLOBAL CHICO" <BushSucks@home.net> wrote in message

> "OneTwoThree" <youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote in message
>>
>> "MikeC" <n0body@n0where.com> wrote in message
>>> "znuybv" <tjwilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> It went up before that too.
>>
>> so when is Bush going to jawbone Pelosi and Reid to pass legislation
>> permitting developing of domestic oil resources?
>
> Another lie.

demolib want a cracker.... squawk!

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2007/oct/12/operators-resume-oil-drilling-at-platf...