RE: Always get Error 401: Access denied

v-lwang

8/19/2003 2:55:00 AM

Thanks Kashif for the suggestions.

Hi Tore,

You may check the following link for more information:

811318 PRB: "Access Denied" Error Message When You Call a Web Service While
http://support.microsoft.com/...

Passing Credentials for Authentication to Web Services
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/using/understanding/securi....
aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetch10.asp#secnetch10_passingcred
entialsforauth

Best regards,
Lewis

--------------------
| From: "Tore Gylver" <nospam@gylvernospam.no>
| Sender: "Tore Gylver" <nospam@gylvernospam.no>
| Subject: Always get Error 401: Access denied
| Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:56:56 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| For my learning and development I run visual studio.net
| 2003 and SQL Server 2000 on the same workstation under
| Windows XP Professional. I log on to windows xp as
| administrator.
|
| I have managed to create my first web services and a
| windows client. From the windows client and via the WEB
| service I query tables of a SQL Server 2000 database with
| SELECT statements, no problem.
|
| But when the windows client calls a web service that runs
| a stored procedure on SQL Server 2000 I always get this
| error:
| The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access denied.
|
| Same problem occurs when I install and run "How-To Build
| Web Services" sample from Microsoft. I always get
| the "Access denied" error mentioned above when I query
| from a windows client or the web client of this sample.
|
| I am a novice on .NET and I think I need a detailed
| explanation to fix this.
|
| Regards
|

| Tore

5 Answers

Tell it like it is.

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:58:45 AM UTC-5, Truth and honesty wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 22:55:13 -0700 (PDT), HHW wrote:
>

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=P...
>

> The video does not exist, another example of how bad your posting is.
Deceitful liar. It works fine.
What do you call yourself "Truth and honesty"?

> --
>
> Honesty. Decency. Integrity
>

> www.youtube.com/watch?v=33An6HotyuI
>

> Nov 20, 2012
>
> Hamas execution of 6 men, dragged in the streets of Gaza

Tell it like it is.

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:58:45 AM UTC-5, Truth and honesty wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 22:55:13 -0700 (PDT), HHW wrote:
>

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=P...
>

> The video does not exist, another example of how bad your posting is.
>

> --
>
> Honesty. Decency. Integrity . Your Ass.
Disgusting Liar.

Tell it like it is.

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 12:09:17 PM UTC-5, HHW wrote:
> On Jun 9, 9:58 am, Truth and honesty <Tr...@honest.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 22:55:13 -0700 (PDT), HHW wrote:
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=P...
>

> > The video does not exist, another example of how bad your posting is.
>

> Of course it exists. You display your "honesty, decency and integrity"
>
> by lying about this video which goes to the heart of the Palestinian
>
> problem without honoring any Zionist taboos. You must either ignore it
>
> or lie about it. As always you took the wrong course both morally and
>
> factually.
>

> The video is essentially a series of brief excerpts from interviews of
>
> highly intelligent, well informed people with long histories of
>
> involvement in the problem. And so you don't forget why I'm here,
>
> here's another one from a couple of hundred years ago.

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be

dreaded,
because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.

> War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and
>
> armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing
>
> the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the
>
> discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in
>
> dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the
>
> means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force,
>
> of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be
>
> traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud,
>
> growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manners and of
>
> morals engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the
>
> midst of continual warfare."
>

> Madison was a very smart guy. And he described the precise situation
>
> we Americans are in two hundred years later. You, however, don't give
>
> a damn because of a giant ETHNIC conflict of interest of all things.
>
> Your Jewishness is more important to you than your native country's
>
> well being and decent governance. What you do here is shameful---and
>
> incompetent to boot.

Tell it like it is.

On Monday, June 10, 2013 3:27:21 PM UTC-5, danielalbe...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sunday, June 9, 2013 12:09:17 PM UTC-5, HHW wrote:

> > > The video does not exist, another example of how bad your posting is.
>

> > Of course it exists. You display your "honesty, decency and integrity"
>

> > by lying about this video which goes to the heart of the Palestinian
>

> > problem without honoring any Zionist taboos. You must either ignore it
>

> > or lie about it. As always you took the wrong course both morally and
>

> > factually.
>

> > The video is essentially a series of brief excerpts from interviews of
>

> > highly intelligent, well informed people with long histories of
>

> > involvement in the problem. And so you don't forget why I'm here,
>

> > here's another one from a couple of hundred years ago.
>

> "Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be
>

> dreaded,
>
> because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.
>

> > War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and
>

> > armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing
>

> > the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the
>

> > discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in
>

> > dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the
>

> > means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force,
>

> > of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be
>

> > traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud,
>

> > growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manners and of
>

> > morals engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the
>

> > midst of continual warfare."
>

> > Madison was a very smart guy. And he described the precise situation
>

> > we Americans are in two hundred years later. You, however, don't give
>

> > a damn because of a giant ETHNIC conflict of interest of all things.

Your Jewishness is more important to you than your native country's

> > well being and decent governance. What you do here is shameful---and
>

> > incompetent to boot.

We are living in a time when you have to clarify just what the hell you are talking about. The term 'the American people' spoken by an American lawmaker in a Congressional committee means very little to Eric Holder. What did "the American people" mean to a slave in pre-civil War days? The same as it meant to the United States Attorney General in a Congressional Committee a few days ago in 2013: Nothing.
And for good reason.
HHW,
There is a difference between being a Jew and being a Zionist.
The www.masada2000.org demonizes Jews who are not Zionists.
Even when their attack is against Americans.
"Truth and honesty" as he calls himself cares less for truth or honesty than he cares about Zionism and being another Ethnocentric Jew or Muslim.

george.strutch

> The video is essentially a series of brief excerpts from interviews of
> highly intelligent, well informed people with long histories of
> involvement in the problem.

What makes you think that there aren't more intelligent, better informed and more experienced people than those in the video with different opinion?