Markus Broy

I am trying to call a webmethod on a web server from an onther server. Doing
this I get the following exception (German):

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Die Anforderung kann ohne
gültigen action-Parameter nicht behandelt werden. Geben Sie eine gültige
SOAPAction an.
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)

Translated (not exactly the english message but the meaning): The request
cannot be executed without a valid action parameter.

If I call the same webmethod from another program installed on the web
server everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Markus Broy

1 Answer

ajmal

You're missing the SOAPAction in the http header. The SOAPAction tells
the server which method in the service to call..

try this...
[objName].setRequestHeader "SOAPAction", "[the actual value]"